1996 GMC Safari Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 GMC Safari
- I keep blowing fuel pump fuses changed fuel pump.
- I was told my A/C leak may be around the switch.
- I am having a problem with my hydra booster type ABS brake system.
- the heat doesn't work have replaced the thermostat.the blower works fine.
- How can I find out what the locking pattern for my van looks like?
1996 GMC Safari Problems
The outside door handles are prone to breaking—all doors are affected by this condition.
The power door locks may stop working in one or more doors due to a failed actuator. Replacement of the failed actuator should correct this concern.
Power brake systems using "hydro-boost" may leak power steering fluid from the hydro-boost unit located behind the brake master cylinder. Replacement of the hydro-boost unit is the common repair to correct this concern.
1996 GMC Safari Questions
when I apply pressure on my brake pedal to stop sometimes the pedal is hard to apply and the is hard to stop. Other times there no symptoms..I just replaced my brake hydra booster with a AC Delco reman. I flushed the p.strg fluid out several times, I still have the hard pedal intermittently. Any ...
I added antifreeze