2001 GMC Jimmy Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 GMC Jimmy
- My 2001 Jimmy will crank 95% of the time . When it won't crank I have to jump of
- How do you unlock or reset the security code?
- How do I know that my fuel tank pressure sensor is bad
- The back seat belt snapped in half. How do I replace the seat belt?
- I can't get the temperature control to change from hot to cold.
2001 GMC Jimmy Problems
The heater core under the right side of the dashboard may leak engine coolant which can puddle on the passenger front floor. The loss of coolant may cause an engine overheating condition. Our technicians tell us that removal of the dash board is necessary to replace the heater on these vehicles.
2001 GMC Jimmy Questions
it seems that the door won't open to let the heat into the vehicle. I put new control in but I think it is a vac. problem. How do you check if you are getting vacume.
2001 GMC Jimmy Recalls
The multifunction switch may have a short circuit, which may cause the stop lamps and rear hazard lamps to fail. Stop lights that fail to operate may cause a crash. Dealers will replace the hazard switch carrier. (Note: This campaign is an expansion of a previous recall; see 01V364)
The stop lamps and hazard lights may fail because of a faulty multifunction switch. If the lights do not illuminate, it may present a safety issue. Dealers will replace the multifunction switch.