1990 GMC Jimmy Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 GMC Jimmy
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1990 GMC Jimmy Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
1990 GMC Jimmy Questions
How do I take a part the rear axles just to replace the seals?
By dismantling the wheel, or through the differential? With some detail please.
Thanks in advance!
After jumped & vehicle runs for about 15 minutes & is charging at 13.5 volts, it will start the rest of the day but when vehicle sits all night, have to jump start again. Help!
does have a timing belt or chain
1990 GMC Jimmy Reviews
Have 220 k miles and it still runs like a champ. Have had the Jimmy for the past 50 k miles. No issues whatsoever.
As a whole, the Jimmy V1500 is a great truck. The interior trim, weatherstrips & electrical components are it's weakest features. The 5.7L is a solid, long lasting engine and the TBI fuel system keeps it simple and dependable. This generation truck is not quiet on the road like the new ones, lots of wind noise, it's a truck and it rides like one. Good off-road truck for exploring and camping in...