2010 GMC Canyon Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 GMC Canyon
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
2010 GMC Canyon Problems
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
2010 GMC Canyon Questions
when shifting transfer case from Neutral to 2 wheel after towing, the gears do not mesh well. Makes a loud clunk.
What can be done?
2010 GMC Canyon Recalls
The front hood is secured by two latches, the primary and secondary latch. The secondary latch prevents the hood from opening when the primary latch has been activated. These vehicles are being recalled because some may have been assembled without a secondary hood latch. With this latch missing, if the primary latch is not properly engaged the hood could open unexpectedly while driving. This could obstruct the view of the driver, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the hood on the affected vehicles to correct this concern.
General Motors is recalling certain 2004–2011 Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon, and Isuzu regular and extended cab models without a rear seat and equipped with a 60/40 front bench split seat for failing to comply with federal safety standards on child restraint anchorage systems. The top tether anchor for the front center seat is not accessible and the manual provides no instruction on its use. In order to correct the problem, dealers will cut a hole in the back panel trim cover to allow access to the top tether anchor and will provide supplemental instructions on the use of the top tether.