2010 GMC Acadia Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 GMC Acadia
- Would replacing all spark plugs and bad ignition coil cause another coil to fail
- ABS and taction control lights are on. How do I trouble shoot to repair
- Would code P0017(crank cam coralation)be covered under the power train warranty?
- How to investigate the problem with excessive wear of the brake pads?
- how often change spark plugs
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2010 GMC Acadia Problems
Vehicles with a 6speed automatic transmission may develop one or more of the following faults related to a broken 35R clutch wave plate inside the transmission: Illumination of the Check Engine Light with code P0716, P0776, P0717, P0777, P2714, P2715, and/or P02723, loss of reverse gear, slipping or harsh 3rd or 5th gear shift. Removal and dis-assembly of the transmission will be required to replace the broken 35R wave plate. It is also extremely important that all debris from the failed part be cleaned from the transmission while it is disassembled in order to try and prevent future problems.
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
Vehicles with certain V6 engines may illuminate the Check Engine Light one or more of the following codes: P0011, P0014, P0021, P0024, P0341, P0346, P0336, or P0391. Our technicians tell us that some vehicles may require a powertrain control module (PCM) software update to correct this issue. Other vehicles may have excess camshaft end play on one or both cylinder heads which will need to be corrected using special procedures outlined by GM.
2010 GMC Acadia Questions
Check engine light was on. Mechanic replaced 6 spark plugs, ignition coil, gasket. Check engine light came back on next day. For the following 2 days, lift went off in the early morning and came back on in the late morning. Error code po306. Mechanic is now telling me that replacing the bad coil ...
Is it safe to drive until repaired?
The check engine light comes on for a day or so then goes off. They gave me that code when hooked to the machine at an auto parts store.
2010 GMC Acadia Recalls
In the affected vehicles, there is a flexible steel steel cable that connects the seatbelt buckle to the front seat frame. Over time the cable may fatigue and separate. If the steel cable separates, the seatbelt may not properly restrain the seat occupant, increasing the risk of an injury in a crash. Dealers will inspect and replace the affected seatbelt buckles (lap pretensioners) to correct this concern.
Increased resistance in the front seat mounted side impact air bag (SIAB) wiring harness can result in the SIAB and seat belt pretensioners not deploying as expected in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the affected harness connections with soldered connections to correct this concern.
When moving the seats from a flat to upright position, the second row seat belt buckle may bind on the second row seat trim shield. This could prevent proper operation and securing of the safety belt, which would increase the risk of injury to an occupant. Dealers will modify the second row seat trim shields. The GM recall number is N100243. This recall began on August 18, 2010.
2010 GMC Acadia Reviews
The number one problem with this vehicle is the radio. We paid extra for the Bose upgrade--which requires a DVD player we did not want--this stereo has an annoying hum coming from the unit itself. GMC has not responded to our concerns, seems they don't care about customer satisfaction as much as the commercials would have you believe.