2009 GMC Acadia Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 GMC Acadia
- Transmission Fault and/or Check Engine Light With Code P0716, P0776, P0717, P0777, P2714, P2715, and/or P02723
- Brake booster failure due to internally leaking brake master cylinder
- Check Engine Light Due to Gas Cap Issue
- The Check Engine Light With Code: P0011, P0014, P0021, P0024, P0341, P0346, P0336, and/or P0391
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2009 GMC Acadia Problems
Vehicles with a 6speed automatic transmission may develop one or more of the following faults related to a broken 35R clutch wave plate inside the transmission: Illumination of the Check Engine Light with code P0716, P0776, P0717, P0777, P2714, P2715, and/or P02723, loss of reverse gear, slipping or harsh 3rd or 5th gear shift. Removal and dis-assembly of the transmission will be required to replace the broken 35R wave plate. It is also extremely important that all debris from the failed part be cleaned from the transmission while it is disassembled in order to try and prevent future problems.
Service brake system message, sometimes Service Stability, red brake light and TRAC OFF message.
These are sometimes the result of low brake fluid, but no obvious leaks are noted. Due to the design of the master cylinder and brake booster, the master cylinder can leak from the rear seal and collect inside the booster, leaving no drops on the ground or obvious signs.
You will need to replace the master cylinder and booster to correct.
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
2009 GMC Acadia Questions
The mileage is 120000km now
2009 GMC Acadia Recalls
In the affected vehicles, there is a flexible steel steel cable that connects the seatbelt buckle to the front seat frame. Over time the cable may fatigue and separate. If the steel cable separates, the seatbelt may not properly restrain the seat occupant, increasing the risk of an injury in a crash. Dealers will inspect and replace the affected seatbelt buckles (lap pretensioners) to correct this concern.
Increased resistance in the front seat mounted side impact air bag (SIAB) wiring harness can result in the SIAB and seat belt pretensioners not deploying as expected in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the affected harness connections with soldered connections to correct this concern.
When moving the seats from a flat to upright position, the second row seat belt buckle may bind on the second row seat trim shield. This could prevent proper operation and securing of the safety belt, which would increase the risk of injury to an occupant. Dealers will modify the second row seat trim shields. The GM recall number is N100243. This recall began on August 18, 2010.
2009 GMC Acadia Reviews
Very poor gas milage if you ask me. For the price should of purchased a Yukon. More comfortable then the Acadia. Also things seem very cheaply made in the Acadia. Sorry but you want an honest opinion and thats what I have to say. The only reason why I still have this car is the 0% financing offered at time of purchase.
This is the worst piece of JUNK we have ever bought. We have spent a ton on money on this piece of junk and it still doesn't run right. Wish we had never bought it.
I've had my Acadia for 3 1/2 years and I absolutely love it. It has been very reliable. I feel safe driving my truck, and it gets really good gas mileage for a vehicle this size. It is very comfortable and roomy, especially on long road trips. Couldn't live without my OnStar!! No regrets what so ever!!