1998 GMC 3500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 GMC 3500 Pickup
- Bought truck not running. Replaced injector pump and pmd with relocate. Now fuel appears to be leaking from weep hole in flywheel cover. Have looked top and bottom with no luck. Any help would be appreciated
- In a dual battery system, which is primary? The one next to the starter?
- My truck has 200K miles. All of a sudden while driving in city 35 pmh It
- My 1998 Savannah needs to be charged everyday!!
- starts then dies, try it next day, starts and runs.
1998 GMC 3500 Pickup Problems
Power brake systems using "hydro-boost" may leak power steering fluid from the hydro-boost unit located behind the brake master cylinder. Replacement of the hydro-boost unit is the common repair to correct this concern.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
1998 GMC 3500 Pickup Questions
Just picked up this truck and batteries seem a little weak on start up. Want to change one at a time, so want to change the primary first. Assuming it's the one nearest the starter, but want to confirm that and that you can do just one at a time. Thanks
I have a 1998 3500 Savannah short School bus that I converted into a vending bus..I drove it for 4 years fine..Last year it started where I have to jump it everyday before I can drive it..Can anyone help me..I do NOT leave anything plugged in.
I've been un-hooking batt. between try's.Has two tank's, how do the fuel pump's work with each tank? What about the transfer pump?