1997 GMC 3500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 GMC 3500 Pickup
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 GMC 3500 Pickup Problems
Power brake systems using "hydro-boost" may leak power steering fluid from the hydro-boost unit located behind the brake master cylinder. Replacement of the hydro-boost unit is the common repair to correct this concern.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
1997 GMC 3500 Pickup Questions
the truck started shutting off ,like it was'nt getting fuel,so i replaced fuel in-line filter,worked one day ,then started spitting & idling irratic & shuts off,so i'm trying to locate problem,is it the fuel pump or maybe the oxygen censor & where are they located? need advice...
warning light went on and meter indicated discharge when I started ignition.
when i turn the ignition on starter does not engage.
1997 GMC 3500 Pickup Reviews
I love my 3500 pu dully it is a real work truck ;I have put allot of toys in it because it paid me back it is in showroom condtion,the ony problem I have is the A?C heater control panel it sometimes blows fuses;Sometimes I feal my Steering floats,other than that ITS great I'll fix the other 2 stuff in time