1998 GMC 2500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 GMC 2500 Pickup
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 GMC 2500 Pickup Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
Power brake systems using "hydro-boost" may leak power steering fluid from the hydro-boost unit located behind the brake master cylinder. Replacement of the hydro-boost unit is the common repair to correct this concern.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
1998 GMC 2500 Pickup Questions
I have a 98 k2500 with the 6.5 diesel and a 5 speed manual the repair shop can't give me an accurate estimate without knowing if I have the nv4500 or a different transmission. the vin is 1gtgk24fxwz502196. Any help would be great as the estimate doubles if it doesn't have the New Venture...
Has a knock and has white smoke coming from the exhaust. I know the smoke is from oil but the knock comes and goes after it runs for a min and gets warm the knock starts. Once the truck cools down the knock goes away. When the knock first happened there were metal in the oil. However I change th...
Had to suddenly hit the brakes at a stop light - - someone stopped a bit short in front of me. Hit the pedal hard, truck stopped just fine, but then, the brake warning light on the instrument panel came on and the pedal now goes way down - - almost to the floor. There is fluid in the brake master...