1997 GMC 2500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 GMC 2500 Pickup
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1997 GMC 2500 Pickup Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
Power brake systems using "hydro-boost" may leak power steering fluid from the hydro-boost unit located behind the brake master cylinder. Replacement of the hydro-boost unit is the common repair to correct this concern.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
1997 GMC 2500 Pickup Questions
Engine cranks normally, Has great spark to all cylinders, rotor points to #1 on cranking compression, new Autolite platinum fuel fowled plugs, 65 psi of fuel pump pressure, the engine cranks normally but makes no sign of starting, need advice!
was stalling day before now turns over but wont start.tech II cant communicate cigar lighter fuse okay