1999 GMC 1500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 GMC 1500 Pickup
- I have a 1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Pick up with a 4.8 security light comes on ...
- my truck bogs down when i start and put in drive almost to the point of dieing.
- location of the fuel pressure regulator on a 1999 GMC sierra 1500 pickup?
- I recently had new tires put on the back, old ones (one year old) on the front.
- how many quarts of oil should I put in when I change oil?
1999 GMC 1500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1999 GMC 1500 Pickup Questions
sometimes and sometimes it won't start. Let it sit for 10-15 min and it starts. Any suggestions on what the issue might be?
i have the newer body sierras it has a 5.3 liter v-8 and when i start it bogs down almost to the point of dying i have replaced the TPS it worked for a week or 2 now its doing it again and it gets worse when its cold outside, also does this when i put it in drive or reverse
vin no 1gtek14voxz530597