1996 GMC 1500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 GMC 1500 Pickup
- why is my truck have loss of power?
- my truck starts fine but has ramon missfire for about ten miles
- what would cause 96 gmc sierra that is popping , jerking, skipping when in drive
- Why is my 4x4 not engaging in 4hi or 4 lo?
- I am getting a po102 code on my 96 GMC pickup up truck. I tried 3 Maf sensors.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 GMC 1500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1996 GMC 1500 Pickup Questions
when you give it gas it act like it wants to go and sounds like it has power but wont go over 10mph, I though it was the tranny going out but after putting a new one in it still did the same thing, what could be casing this?
The problem is happening every day we have replaced the ignition coil, oil change and o2 sensors.
I have the electronic push button 4x4 and all that happens is that the light blinks and thats it. I can hear a small clicking when i push 4 hi and then hear the normal clunking sound when i push 4 lo but still nothing engaging and light still blinks