1994 GMC 1500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 GMC 1500 Pickup
- After the slave cylinder was removed and replaced the clutch is w/o pressure
- My brake lights/Bright lights dont work. any idea why?
- Why would gas gage sit on empty until turning off engine and then go to 1/4 tank
- Oil pooling up above valve cover at the base of intake where the carb mounts.
- Fuse keeps blowing when I turn on the headlights.. they work but dash lights n t
1994 GMC 1500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1994 GMC 1500 Pickup Questions
my son removed the slave cylinder in order to replace the starter then when he put it back on the clutch pedal goes straight to the floor
Brake lights/ brights dont come on when i tap the break/ turn on.
Would this be due to float or gage itself?