1991 GMC 1500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 GMC 1500 Pickup
- Check engine light ...OBC will not read..every "expert" I have asked tell me it is air leak on gas tank pressure..HELP
- Where is the gas tank pressure sensor located???
- Check engine light comes on when accelerating up hill.
- I have a 350 5.7 tbi and i need to rebuilt, but with more hp.
- Check Engine light comes on when accelerating up a hill.
1991 GMC 1500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1991 GMC 1500 Pickup Questions
Where is the gas tank pressure sensor located? If I can find it I can replace it..
1991 GMC 1500 Pickup Reviews
Dash and gauge lights are too dim... New switch does not fix the problem...