1991 GMC 1500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 GMC 1500 Pickup
- It lacks power and burns alot of gas but on highway goes ok and idle seams low n
- It starts ok but when i try to excellrate it stumbles and dies out new pump and.
- what would the most likely culprit be for a loss of oil pressure at warmup?
- My 91 GMC Sierra idles rough and dies out when put into gear.
- My truck dosent start and its making a slippage sound when i try to start it up.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1991 GMC 1500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1991 GMC 1500 Pickup Questions
at startup it idles with 30 psi and at operating temperature it lowers to about ten psi at idle. currently running 10w 40 Pennzoil.
I replaced the intake & exhaust gaskets, temp. Sensor, & sending unit. No change
If anyone can give me some idea what it may be or what to check next I would greatly appreciate it.
fit????Why and what do I do now since it won't pass inspection because h20 is too high??