1991 GMC 1500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 GMC 1500 Pickup
- How can I get the brake red light off?
- where do you add oil? I checked the oil and it needs some but no caps say "oil".
- What could be the cause of the sound I hear from the back of my truck ? It happens at about 35 to 40 and it sounds as of a rubbing or slight grind and as I come to a stop u hear something like there is stuff sliding from back to front in my bed of truck ?
- It lacks power and burns alot of gas but on highway goes ok and idle seams low n
- It starts ok but when i try to excellrate it stumbles and dies out new pump and.
1991 GMC 1500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1991 GMC 1500 Pickup Questions
One rear cylinder was leaking. replaced both rear ones. Bleed system.Great brakes, light still on.
No picture of the oil cap in books.
I have also noticed and am unsure of the rear axle if u step on the brake and hit yhe gas the pig will move up and down bit the axle sleeves stay with the spring mounts and shocks is this normal ?