1990 GMC 1500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 GMC 1500 Pickup
- How to replace heater core hoses?
- How do I replace my heatercore?
- why does my 1988 g m c sierra p/u 1500 sometimes runs great other times will not start
- got 1988 g m c sierra 1500 p/u runs great sometimes other times will not start
- What would it cost in labor to swap a 454 engine in a olsmobile toronado
1990 GMC 1500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1990 GMC 1500 Pickup Questions
Have a rebuilt need to pull the old and install the new