1990 GMC 1500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 GMC 1500 Pickup
- The dashboard lights and rear running lights do not work. All fuses are fine.
- I can't get power to my fuel pump,relay,mini fuse or sending unit. Anything I'm
- How to replace heater core hoses?
- How do I replace my heatercore?
- why does my 1988 g m c sierra p/u 1500 sometimes runs great other times will not start
1990 GMC 1500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1990 GMC 1500 Pickup Questions
What could be the issue?
350motor,700R4 auto trans,4whldrv, used to be a farm truck.wires torn out all over,replaced fuses but still nothing. Is there more disable links or an inertia switch idkbout somewhere?