1997 Geo Tracker Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Geo Tracker
- How and where would I be able to purchase/order a clutch/brake pedal assembly?
- No power to right rear turn signal bulb. New turn signal relay. The relay still clicks, but it clicks fast like it has a burnt bulb. Fuses are intact. Any ideas??
- How do I remove the taillight lens on a 1997 Geo Tracker??
- How can I replace the factory frame that holds on the soft top?
- my geo tracker will not pull up a steep hill what could be wrong with it
1997 Geo Tracker Problems
An engine oil leak may develop from the front crankshaft seal due to hardening of the rubber seal. There is a revised seal and sleeve available to correct this concern. Our technicians tell us that changing the oil every 3000 miles may help prolong seal life.
A condition may develop where the accelerator pedal sticks and is not smooth. This can be caused by carbon build up on the throttle shaft or throttle body cleaner was used which removed the special coating on the throttle shaft. Our technicians tell us that if this is the case the throttle body should be replaced.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
1997 Geo Tracker Questions
I'm having a really difficult time having much luck searching online. Any suggestions?
used a test light at the base of the bulb socket and there is no power there., but like I said, the relay works, its brand new.
I need to replace the bulb in order to pass inspection and I can't find any screws on the face of the lens nor can I find access to the rear of the assembly. Thank you