1997 Geo Tracker Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Geo Tracker
- How do you remove the back seat. It is a bench seat. (one piece.)
- Speedometer makes a rattle noise when it is cold. can this be fixed.
- I have a noisy speedometer cable when it is cold?? How do you replace this cable
- No power in reverse up a steep incline.
- What is Evaporation System Malfunction and how do we fix it?
1997 Geo Tracker Problems
An engine oil leak may develop from the front crankshaft seal due to hardening of the rubber seal. There is a revised seal and sleeve available to correct this concern. Our technicians tell us that changing the oil every 3000 miles may help prolong seal life.
A condition may develop where the accelerator pedal sticks and is not smooth. This can be caused by carbon build up on the throttle shaft or throttle body cleaner was used which removed the special coating on the throttle shaft. Our technicians tell us that if this is the case the throttle body should be replaced.
1997 Geo Tracker Questions
Can the service engine light come on because of it?
We wish to have more storage in the back, as we never have passengers. We use it as a dingy behin our motor home.
what is code p0740 and how do i fix it