1997 Geo Tracker Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Geo Tracker
- my geo tracker will not pull up a steep hill what could be wrong with it
- where is the shift solenoid 97 GEO tracker 4x4 located
- Car won't start been having problems with one spark plug I replaced it Car was okay for a couple of hrs. Car started to get hot checked the radiator.needed water. Tried to make it to service station, engine stopped. Now won't start.
- Blew a spark plug ,drove the car home on 3 spark plugs then I replace the spark plug , car ran fine for a couple of hours, then car started to lose power and then the engine stopped. Now car won't start
- i have 1997 geo tracker, which years take same radio?
1997 Geo Tracker Problems
An engine oil leak may develop from the front crankshaft seal due to hardening of the rubber seal. There is a revised seal and sleeve available to correct this concern. Our technicians tell us that changing the oil every 3000 miles may help prolong seal life.
A condition may develop where the accelerator pedal sticks and is not smooth. This can be caused by carbon build up on the throttle shaft or throttle body cleaner was used which removed the special coating on the throttle shaft. Our technicians tell us that if this is the case the throttle body should be replaced.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.