1996 Geo Tracker Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Geo Tracker
- brakes hard to push then slow to release. replaced front cal.but stil locks up
- I have a 4x4 with auto 3 speed tranny. Can you swap it out for a 4 speed?
- engine won't crank at all no matter if the clutch is pushed all the way down
- I get all my lights and power in my 1996 Geo tracker but it won't start or crank I tried restarting the battery could it be the clutch cable? or fuse?
- Is there a seperate relay for the high beams on a 1996 geo tracker
- D & W Automotive Repair (360) 234-3736 | 14.38mi
- Autosys (425) 324-3619 | 11.81mi
- Redmond Transmission & Auto Repair (425) 947-2026 | 10.27mi
- K.C. Martin Automotive Service Co. (425) 341-4407 | 13.19mi
- Northwest Automotive, Inc. (425) 947-2023 | 14.69mi
- Northwest Automotive, Inc. (206) 569-6876 | 6.3mi
- LK's Auto Repair (360) 339-8916 | 13.21mi
- AA Auto Service Center (425) 329-4592 | 11.51mi
1996 Geo Tracker Problems
An engine oil leak may develop from the front crankshaft seal due to hardening of the rubber seal. There is a revised seal and sleeve available to correct this concern. Our technicians tell us that changing the oil every 3000 miles may help prolong seal life.
A condition may develop where the accelerator pedal sticks and is not smooth. This can be caused by carbon build up on the throttle shaft or throttle body cleaner was used which removed the special coating on the throttle shaft. Our technicians tell us that if this is the case the throttle body should be replaced.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
1996 Geo Tracker Questions
when the key is turned on the headlights don't go on as they always did in the past
Power at the bulbs all three wires turn on lights the middle one goes to ground turn on high beams all wires hot again is it the switch ??
I was driving down the road and it lost power. I kept driving and it regained power only to loose it again. I pulled over turned it off and it wont restart. I thought it was the timing belt replaced it . That wasn't the problem It turns over but is getting no fire at all could it be the distr...
1996 Geo Tracker Recalls
1996 Geo Tracker Reviews
I LOVE my Tracker, she is the absolute best and I will never get rid of her. I live in Tool Texas and between I45 where I turn onto Hwy 85 and my home there is nothing but homes and open fields its a good 40 miles of nothingness. I was coming home late one night, completely broke hardly any gas and was sure I would not make it to the house. When I stopped to make the turn onto 85 I looked at th...
I just purchased a USED run-around-town car last Saturday. It's a 1996 Geo Tracker, Auto Trans, hard top with 175K on the engine. I'm aware that parts are hard to get since they don't make the car any more, but she's good to go for as long as I'm going to be on the road. (age 84)! My son has one and swears by them ,,, gas mileage is 30 miles a gal. easy to get it into and one of the grea...