1996 Geo Tracker Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Geo Tracker
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Geo Tracker Problems
An engine oil leak may develop from the front crankshaft seal due to hardening of the rubber seal. There is a revised seal and sleeve available to correct this concern. Our technicians tell us that changing the oil every 3000 miles may help prolong seal life.
A condition may develop where the accelerator pedal sticks and is not smooth. This can be caused by carbon build up on the throttle shaft or throttle body cleaner was used which removed the special coating on the throttle shaft. Our technicians tell us that if this is the case the throttle body should be replaced.
1996 Geo Tracker Questions
could the vacuum make this not work
She still runs rough no power and crummy gas mileage what do I do
Since I let my 1996 Tracker run out of gas it now skips really bad. It may go 2-3 miles just fine but then starts skipping really bad. Could this be that trash got sucked up in it and what can I do to fix this?
1996 Geo Tracker Recalls
1996 Geo Tracker Reviews
I LOVE my Tracker, she is the absolute best and I will never get rid of her. I live in Tool Texas and between I45 where I turn onto Hwy 85 and my home there is nothing but homes and open fields its a good 40 miles of nothingness. I was coming home late one night, completely broke hardly any gas and was sure I would not make it to the house. When I stopped to make the turn onto 85 I looked at th...
I just purchased a USED run-around-town car last Saturday. It's a 1996 Geo Tracker, Auto Trans, hard top with 175K on the engine. I'm aware that parts are hard to get since they don't make the car any more, but she's good to go for as long as I'm going to be on the road. (age 84)! My son has one and swears by them ,,, gas mileage is 30 miles a gal. easy to get it into and one of the grea...