1994 Geo Tracker Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Geo Tracker
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1994 Geo Tracker Problems
An engine oil leak may develop from the front crankshaft seal due to hardening of the rubber seal. There is a revised seal and sleeve available to correct this concern. Our technicians tell us that changing the oil every 3000 miles may help prolong seal life.
A condition may develop where the accelerator pedal sticks and is not smooth. This can be caused by carbon build up on the throttle shaft or throttle body cleaner was used which removed the special coating on the throttle shaft. Our technicians tell us that if this is the case the throttle body should be replaced.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
1994 Geo Tracker Questions
I know if it is not broke don't fix it. But, I bought the 94 tracker, it ran well, but a little rough. so, i put new cap, rotor, wires,and coil in it and now it sputters, idles rough for a few seconds and will not stay running. I have gone back through it putting all the old parts back in it ...
I have power and everything, what could be the problem?
It shifts great otherwise. It just downshifts when I am trying to maintain a steady 35mph. it drops into 2nd gear from 3rd gear. It is a 3 speed automatic. Fluid level is good as is the fluid. What would be the likely cause for it to do that? Thanks, Jim.
1994 Geo Tracker Recalls
1994 Geo Tracker Reviews
I bought the car for towing behind my motorhome. For the most part it tows well except for tight turns as like pulling into a driveway, or when backing it up. Due to short wheel base I believe. It otherwise followed behind as if it wasn't there! It was able to follow those little "Quads" everywhere they went! It could use a bit more power at times as when loaded with camping and prospecting gea...
not the greatest for heat but relible