1993 Geo Tracker Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Geo Tracker
- need a automatic transmission for the geo what other transmission would fit?
- Is it possible to put a different throttle cable on. Instead of the one with the
- changed starter, alternator, and the tracker still wont start. Any suggestions?
- What is the estimated cost to fix a water pump on a 1993 Geo Tracker?
- what effect does leaving gas cap loose have on how engine runs
1993 Geo Tracker Problems
An engine oil leak may develop from the front crankshaft seal due to hardening of the rubber seal. There is a revised seal and sleeve available to correct this concern. Our technicians tell us that changing the oil every 3000 miles may help prolong seal life.
A condition may develop where the accelerator pedal sticks and is not smooth. This can be caused by carbon build up on the throttle shaft or throttle body cleaner was used which removed the special coating on the throttle shaft. Our technicians tell us that if this is the case the throttle body should be replaced.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
1993 Geo Tracker Questions
also had starter check and was told it is good.
I live in Kings Mountain NC. I am trying to estimate the cost to repair a water pump in a 1993 Geo Tracker that is 4 cyclinder
I changed the fuel pump & fuel injector and still the same problem, starts only if I apply something in the inlet