1990 Geo Tracker Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Geo Tracker
- I'm not getting any power at all it won't turn over or click or anything.
- why won't my truck shift past reverse. I have park and reverse and stays in rev
- When I push on the gas my tracker goes from idel perfect to spitting and spudder
- w ill run about 10 to 20 mins.then stall.will not restart till cold,then starts
- My Geo tracker will not start
- D & W Automotive Repair (360) 234-3736 | 14.38mi
- Autosys (425) 324-3619 | 11.81mi
- Redmond Transmission & Auto Repair (425) 947-2026 | 10.27mi
- K.C. Martin Automotive Service Co. (425) 341-4407 | 13.19mi
- Northwest Automotive, Inc. (425) 947-2023 | 14.69mi
- Northwest Automotive, Inc. (206) 569-6876 | 6.3mi
- LK's Auto Repair (360) 339-8916 | 13.21mi
- AA Auto Service Center (425) 329-4592 | 11.51mi
1990 Geo Tracker Problems
An engine oil leak may develop from the front crankshaft seal due to hardening of the rubber seal. There is a revised seal and sleeve available to correct this concern. Our technicians tell us that changing the oil every 3000 miles may help prolong seal life.
A condition may develop where the accelerator pedal sticks and is not smooth. This can be caused by carbon build up on the throttle shaft or throttle body cleaner was used which removed the special coating on the throttle shaft. Our technicians tell us that if this is the case the throttle body should be replaced.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
1990 Geo Tracker Questions
I've checked the battery and the ground and the fuses still nothing. Any ideas
It all started one day after I got home from work and cut it off! The next day it wouldn't crank! I changed spark plugs and gas fuse under da Shower!
had short in drivers tail light now tracker won't run, changed bulb light works but it won't start. changed distributor cap, rotor, and wires go To start and it sounds like it wants To but won't, like it's missing something, checked fuses and all good where are tbe relays for fuel...
1990 Geo Tracker Recalls
THE FRONT SAFETY BELT BUCKLE RELEASE BUTTONS CAN BREAK. THESE RED PLASTIC RELEASE BUTTONS ARE MARKED "PRESS." IF A BUTTON BREAKS, PIECES CAN FALL INTO THE BUCKLE ASSEMBLY CAUSING THE BUCKLE TO OPERATE IMPROPERLY.