1990 Geo Tracker Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Geo Tracker
- When I push on the gas my tracker goes from idel perfect to spitting and spudder
- w ill run about 10 to 20 mins.then stall.will not restart till cold,then starts
- My Geo tracker will not start
- where is The fuel pump relay on 90 tracker
- won't start very good when cold, seems like it's not getting any fuel.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1990 Geo Tracker Problems
An engine oil leak may develop from the front crankshaft seal due to hardening of the rubber seal. There is a revised seal and sleeve available to correct this concern. Our technicians tell us that changing the oil every 3000 miles may help prolong seal life.
A condition may develop where the accelerator pedal sticks and is not smooth. This can be caused by carbon build up on the throttle shaft or throttle body cleaner was used which removed the special coating on the throttle shaft. Our technicians tell us that if this is the case the throttle body should be replaced.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
1990 Geo Tracker Questions
had short in drivers tail light now tracker won't run, changed bulb light works but it won't start. changed distributor cap, rotor, and wires go To start and it sounds like it wants To but won't, like it's missing something, checked fuses and all good where are tbe relays for fuel...
It does it when it is cold.
Replaced head gasket, flushed oil and water system. Checked daily everything ok. 5 days later oil level rose with water again .