1993 Geo Prizm Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Geo Prizm
- I'am working on a 93 geo prizm I have spark, fuel, but it just cranks no start some times It will start and stall sometimes It will start and run ok drive to Store go in store ten mins. Come Out no start just crank ?? Any Ideas
- I bought a new battery and alternator n it keeps dying y?
- i have no compression in one cylinder all of a sudden. runs good when its cold.
- How do I tell which is the positive battery clamp from the negative battery clam
- How do I tell which is the positive or negative connectors for the battery comin
1993 Geo Prizm Problems
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
The ignition coil inside the distributor may fail. Our technicians tell us this may result in a hesitation on acceleration, especially when the vehicle is warming up on cold, rainy days. The pickup coils inside the distributor can also fail and cause a no-start condition. There have also been some failures of the radio noise suppressors inside the distributors, which can short out. Our technicians recommend replacing the whole distributor with a complete, genuine Toyota distributor if any of its components fail.
The engine mount on the passenger side of the car can wear out on cars with high mileage. This will put extra stress on the other mounts and the faulty mount will need to be replaced.
1993 Geo Prizm Questions
I bought a brand new Alternator battery did a tune up etc n now the battery keeps dying n the check engine light now goes on help me plz wut could be wrong
I know which post is which on the battery but I don't know which clamp is which on the car.
The old battery was removed and the new battery shows which is the positive post and which is the negative post but I don't know which one is which from the car?
1993 Geo Prizm Recalls
1993 Geo Prizm Reviews
I have a 1993 geo prism lsi-ordered thru dealership to factory, took 7 wks to deliver. 18 1/2 yrs old. 170,000 miles. I had 3 free strut pairs,3 alternators, one free engine mount.on 3d starter, by getting limited lifetime warr from oreil and autoz. on my 5th battery. interior like new. 5sp manual smooth-never had work done on clutch. I have never put a drop of oil in my engine between changes,...