1992 Geo Prizm Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Geo Prizm
- No running lights or dash lights. fuses ok. can't find circuit breaker.
- How can you fix the door lock when the door cannot be open from inside or outsid
- 92 geo prizmcrankes but will not start
- my tranny is clunking and then wont move forward at all. I dont know what to do.
- where is my fan blower motor located on my car?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1992 Geo Prizm Problems
The ignition coil inside the distributor may fail. Our technicians tell us this may result in a hesitation on acceleration, especially when the vehicle is warming up on cold, rainy days. The pickup coils inside the distributor can also fail and cause a no-start condition. There have also been some failures of the radio noise suppressors inside the distributors, which can short out. Our technicians recommend replacing the whole distributor with a complete, genuine Toyota distributor if any of its components fail.
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
The engine mount on the passenger side of the car can wear out on cars with high mileage. This will put extra stress on the other mounts and the faulty mount will need to be replaced.
1992 Geo Prizm Questions
fuses are good, but not receiving power from fuse outlets. Could the circuit breaker need checked? I've taken the glove compartment apart, found some more fuses, but nothing that looks like a circuit breaker.
The dealership wants $700 to fix this. Right now I have to enter the car from the passenger side and crawl over to the driver's side. I have read that the door panel has to be removed and the door needs to be open to do this.
struts removel,and installation alredy rented spring compresser thxs for any insight going in total green can figure it out but would love to shave cpl hrs of from my stupidity