1991 Geo Prizm Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Geo Prizm
- why does my car stall while driving and wont start?
- No wirin harness or diagram putting in a new stereo cant tell the wires
- how do I first test a Ignition Switch then how do I remove it 1991 Geo Prism
- Car doesn't start,it doesn't like cold weather. Do I need to put antifreeze?
- how to change left turn signal on this car 91 geo prizm
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1991 Geo Prizm Problems
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
The engine mount on the passenger side of the car can wear out on cars with high mileage. This will put extra stress on the other mounts and the faulty mount will need to be replaced.
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
1991 Geo Prizm Questions
Im unable to figure out what wires are what and go where on the new stereo there is no wiring harness and im unable to figure the wires out
car only has 50000 miles, good condition
For the last week my car has stalled and sputter while in motion on the highway, and then the check engine light comes on. It does it a time or two then it drives normal. It scares me and I'm afaid i will get hit by a truck or something because it almost stops when it stalls. What could be ca...
1991 Geo Prizm Recalls
1991 Geo Prizm Reviews
A relative gave me a 1991 Geo Prizm in Sep 2009. It sat in a garage for 2 years without moving. Replaced battery, oil, spark plugs, distributor cap & wiring harness, and filled it up with premium gas to mix with the aged gas. Has run smoothly ever since. I quickly found out that this was one of the most reliable cars ever made. After reading this and other forums, I'm excited to get this little...
1991 Geo Prizm. Have 239,000 miles and still going strong. Does not burn a drop of oil. Had the transmission replaced at around 100,000 when the after drive ran dry (most auto dealers do not check this for fluid, one even told me it didn't have an afterdrive!)Has had new timing belt and numerous starters etc. But this car is incredibly reliable. I keep putting new tires on it thinking it is the...
super good i love it