1997 Geo Metro Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Geo Metro
- I t sound like something is hiting or ratting under the car
- My 97 Geo Metro Won't start my son and change the stereo in it it ran perfectly
- Yes I have a 97 Geo Metro and when I try to start it And it just turns over it
- my 97 geo metro brake light just came on and its not my emergy brake
- how much to replace front right motor mount
- D & W Automotive Repair (360) 234-3736 | 14.38mi
- Autosys (425) 324-3619 | 11.81mi
- Redmond Transmission & Auto Repair (425) 947-2026 | 10.27mi
- K.C. Martin Automotive Service Co. (425) 341-4407 | 13.19mi
- Northwest Automotive, Inc. (425) 947-2023 | 14.69mi
- Northwest Automotive, Inc. (206) 569-6876 | 6.3mi
- LK's Auto Repair (360) 339-8916 | 13.21mi
- AA Auto Service Center (425) 329-4592 | 11.51mi
1997 Geo Metro Problems
The brake pedal may pulsate on apply due to warped brake rotors. This condition is commonly caused by uneven lug nut torque. Proper lug nut torque is recommended to try and avoid this concern.
The anti-lock brake system (ABS) light may illuminate, especially in hot or humid weather, due to binding in the ABS motor pack. Our technicians tell us that replacement of the motor pack will be necessary to correct this concern.
1997 Geo Metro Questions
acode po705 came up my friend changed the transmission filter,fluid,screenand the oil oil filter
1997 Geo Metro Reviews
I bought my 4 cylinder Metro used (I'm the third owner) with 145K for $400. It was poorly cared for by the previous owner and should have been junked. Anyway, I call the Metro a poor man's Prius. It's up to 183K now and has been a mixed blessing. It gets good gas mileage (40 mpg)on my 110 mile commute per day, but goes through a period during the year when it won't start up in the morning u...
I just bought a 97 geo metro, I love it! It's my lil purple people eater! :)
tired of getting raped at gas pump so a relative had a 97 geo metro 3cyl 5spd hatchback for $400 62k overall in very good shape. flew from pa to fl to drive home. in feb 2011 from tampa to philly about $100 in gas but blew a hole in the exhaust. Within these first six months ive had to replace brakes, both headlights, radio, distrib and cpu thank god parts are so cheap for this car. so ive got ...