2002 Ford Windstar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Ford Windstar
- Car wont turn over,battery full dash lights up, but radio and ac dont come on.
- temperature control lever making noise when slid either way. flapping noise.
- How to replace heater ac air duct blender module
- I have a 2002 for windstar that will go forward, but it will not reverse.
- I HAVE TWO MISFIRES P0303 AND P0302. I have a mechanic that says he has a machine that can diagnosis the problem. I have another mechanic that says try tune up first
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
2002 Ford Windstar Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate with fault code P0171 and/or P0174 stored, indicating a lean fuel mixture. Our technicians tell us the left valve cover gasket, upper intake gaskets, vacuum line, and bolts may need to be replaced with updated parts to correct this concern.
A knocking noise from the upper engine area may indicate a loose intake runner. Our technicians tell us if this is the case, replacement of the upper intake clamshell will be necessary.
2002 Ford Windstar Questions
this happened to my wife two days ago, happened again tonight, finished our trip fine after restart.
2002 Ford Windstar Recalls
Certain vehicles currently registered or originally sold in Virginia are being recalled. Corrosion related fractures of the front subframe may occur. The areas in question are the rear attaching brackets for the front lower control arm and the rear body mount attachments. Failure in either area could result in significant loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the areas in question and perform the necessary repairs. The Ford recall number is 11S16.
Certain vehicles currently registered or originally sold in Virginia are being recalled. Over time, corrosion can weaken the rear axle making it susceptible to torsional stress. This can lead to cracks, increasing the risk of complete fracture of the rear axle. A fractured axle can affect vehicle handling and increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the rear axle and install rear axle reinforcement brackets or replace the axle as necessary. The Ford recall number is 10S13.
A corroded mounting bracket can cause the lower control arm to become loose or separate and/or the frame mounting bolts may cause the steering shaft to separate from the steering gear. One or both of these failures can result in loss of steering control. Dealers will inspect the affected areas and perform the necessary repairs. This recall is expected to begin by February 14, 2011. The Ford recall number is 11S16.
2002 Ford Windstar Reviews
i have 155675 miles and have replaced transmission 2 times. 2nd time was due to the fact the 1st time was not done correctly. oil is changed every 5000 miles using synthetic oil and fram 7000 mile oil filter. obviously things have had to be replaced with so much mileage but as far as i am concerned this van is great and i will buy another windstar.
I just got my windstar... I have a few issues but other than that I love it and all the features!!! This thing is fully decked out except for a Navigation System. It's amazing... Love the sliding side doors, but noticed I have to hit the button on the remote 3x's on each side to get the door to open. So I may be considered rather new on this. One is the instrument panel just starting acting u...
I am a second owner of my windstar and it runs great. I have the sport and i the only thing i can say about this vehicle is the back 3 person seat cannot be taken out with only one person so I wish it did have stow-n-go seating...otherwise this is a GREAT vehicle.