2001 Ford Windstar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Ford Windstar
- Had to replace the spring on rocker. Now sputters at idle. What could be cause?
- theres a terrible knocking by the intake . how do i repair this
- the drivers side sliding door will not unlock with keys,buttons or manually
- Front passenger window switch doesn't work from driver side controls.
- Rear vent windows won't open or close.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Ford Windstar Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate with fault code P0171 and/or P0174 stored, indicating a lean fuel mixture. Our technicians tell us the left valve cover gasket, upper intake gaskets, vacuum line, and bolts may need to be replaced with updated parts to correct this concern.
A knocking noise from the upper engine area may indicate a loose intake runner. Our technicians tell us if this is the case, replacement of the upper intake clamshell will be necessary.
2001 Ford Windstar Questions
Do you have any step by step videos that can help?
2001 Ford Windstar Recalls
Certain vehicles currently registered or originally sold in Virginia are being recalled. Corrosion related fractures of the front subframe may occur. The areas in question are the rear attaching brackets for the front lower control arm and the rear body mount attachments. Failure in either area could result in significant loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the areas in question and perform the necessary repairs. The Ford recall number is 11S16.
Certain vehicles currently registered or originally sold in Virginia are being recalled. Over time, corrosion can weaken the rear axle making it susceptible to torsional stress. This can lead to cracks, increasing the risk of complete fracture of the rear axle. A fractured axle can affect vehicle handling and increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the rear axle and install rear axle reinforcement brackets or replace the axle as necessary. The Ford recall number is 10S13.
A corroded mounting bracket can cause the lower control arm to become loose or separate and/or the frame mounting bolts may cause the steering shaft to separate from the steering gear. One or both of these failures can result in loss of steering control. Dealers will inspect the affected areas and perform the necessary repairs. This recall is expected to begin by February 14, 2011. The Ford recall number is 11S16.
2001 Ford Windstar Reviews
I have a 2001 Winstar and every since I got it, the problems never cease to amaze me. I took out a warranty (bumper to bumper) and repaired and replace almost everything. Now this crap of a car is seating in the shop due to all the recalls on it. Had I gotten a 2000 model Ford would of bought it back from me. Now I tell you, DON'T BUY THIS CAR!!!
I really hate my windstar.. we just put this new drums ,brakes,rotars,fluid, an the brake lites still come on.We had to replace a coil an the master cyclinder switch caught fire, an i tell ya wish i could afford another vechicle cuze this one would go.. it rusting out even tho we keep it washed an the salt off it in the winter. we have replace at least 12 different sencors an the driver side wi...
We have had this van for 4 years, bought with 80,000 mile. Now at 140,000 it still runs great! Yeah, we had a few problems, but the vehicle has been well worth the $6800 we paid. Brakes are easy to change, atleast on the front. We did have to change the ignition coil, which was a little bit of a challenge, but was not overly hard to do myself. If you have the time and smarts, the 2001 Ford Wind...