1999 Ford Windstar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Ford Windstar
- ABS light coming and tac has stop working other gauge jump crazy all the time
- I'm having a problem with my park lights not going off when i turn my car off.
- how do u replace ahigh pressure power stering hose
- how to replace power sterring hose
- vehicle will not crank, headlights always on, blower fan always on.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Ford Windstar Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate with fault code P0171 and/or P0174 stored, indicating a lean fuel mixture. Our technicians tell us the left valve cover gasket, upper intake gaskets, vacuum line, and bolts may need to be replaced with updated parts to correct this concern.
A knocking noise from the upper engine area may indicate a loose intake runner. Our technicians tell us if this is the case, replacement of the upper intake clamshell will be necessary.
1999 Ford Windstar Questions
how long does it take to replace
high pressure hose how long does it take
No fuses are blown. Ground to rear module is good. Wiring at both front and rear ecm looks good. Only light on dash is airbag light. Anti theft light is off.
1999 Ford Windstar Recalls
Certain vehicles currently registered or originally sold in Virginia are being recalled. Corrosion related fractures of the front subframe may occur. The areas in question are the rear attaching brackets for the front lower control arm and the rear body mount attachments. Failure in either area could result in significant loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the areas in question and perform the necessary repairs. The Ford recall number is 11S16.
Certain vehicles currently registered or originally sold in Virginia are being recalled. Over time, corrosion can weaken the rear axle making it susceptible to torsional stress. This can lead to cracks, increasing the risk of complete fracture of the rear axle. A fractured axle can affect vehicle handling and increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the rear axle and install rear axle reinforcement brackets or replace the axle as necessary. The Ford recall number is 10S13.
A corroded mounting bracket can cause the lower control arm to become loose or separate and/or the frame mounting bolts may cause the steering shaft to separate from the steering gear. One or both of these failures can result in loss of steering control. Dealers will inspect the affected areas and perform the necessary repairs. This recall is expected to begin by February 14, 2011. The Ford recall number is 11S16.
1999 Ford Windstar Reviews
Bought 99 windstar, thought it was great until everything started falling apart. power doors,door locks,heater,front grill to brakes!! The only thing good is the motor. Just put over a thousand dollars out . Way to go ford, I will never buy american made car again. Toyota, Honda here I come!!!!
My utterly reliable and dependable van...great!