1997 Ford Windstar Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Ford Windstar
- What could be the cause of a misfire on 1 and 4?
- What would cause the front wipers not work loose power than get it back again th
- What is the repair time to replace a water pump on a Ford Windstar, 1997, 3.8L?
- Why am I constantly replacing my front passenger side wheel bearing?
- My van starts fine and runs but blows a very thick white smoke and does not stop
1997 Ford Windstar Problems
The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.
1997 Ford Windstar Questions
I have been trying to fix this problem now for a while and can't seem to figure it out. I have changed the coil pack and all plugs and wires. The miss hasn't changed or moved at all. When I am going down the road everything seems just fine. But when I stop I get a flashing CEL and have no...
I just need to know the repair time. Thank you.
I have had it replaced 2 times just this year. Three times within the last two years. What would cause it to go bad so quickly?
1997 Ford Windstar Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1997-1998 Expedition, Explorer, F150, and Windstar vehicles because they were improperly outfitted with daytime running lamps certified for use in Canada. These daytime running lamps do not meet U.S. motor vehicle code requirements. Dealers will deactivate the daytime running lamps on affected vehicles.