2004 Ford Thunderbird Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Ford Thunderbird
- How do I change the wording in my question to sparkplugs and ignition coils
- What is procedure to replace sparkplugs and ignition on a 2004 thunderbird.
- Should it take 5 days for the dealer to repair a power steering hose?
- Where is the Front Lighting Control Module located on the 2004 Thunderbird?
- Intermittent electrical issues - windows, headlights, high beams, dash lights
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Ford Thunderbird Problems
The valve cover gaskets may leak oil into the spark plug wells, shorting out the spark plugs, causing a misfire, and illuminating the Check Engine Light. Commonly the spark plugs and ignition coils or wires will require replacement, along with resealing the valve cover to correct this concern.
There may be an extended warranty on the ignition coils - see your Ford Dealer for more information-Thanks John B for this information!
Water or oil may enter into the ignition coil cover and the spark plug bore, causing a misfire and illuminating the Check Engine Light. A coil with improved water and oil sealing is available and should be installed.
2004 Ford Thunderbird Questions
I meant to ask how to locate sparkplugs and ignitioncoils on a 2004 thunderbird
I had a slow leak and they indicated it was the power steering O-Rings, then the new O-Rings were faulty, then it was not the O-Rings, but the power steering hose, now they damaged my pulley - DO THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING??? I took my car to the Ford Dealer because I felt they had knowledge ...
Dealer says module is bad and needs replacement. No units are available at Ford or anywhere else. What are my alternatives short of junking a great car with only 45,000 miles?
2004 Ford Thunderbird Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 2004 Taurus, Thunderbird, and Mercury Sable vehicles due to an inadequate weld on the front seats. In a collision, the seat may not perform as designed, which could result in injury. Dealers will replace the upper support assembly on the power seats.
2004 Ford Thunderbird Reviews
I have a 2004 T Bird. With 14,200 miles and started missing under acceleration. Took it to my Ford Dealer in Stockton, Ca. It was two coils and the window washer container and they replaced them. Gave me a new Mustang to drive home. I live 65 miles away from the dealer. No charge for anything except the gas I used. There is a Ford warranty on the 2002--2004 Thunderbirds for 100,000 miles...
ABS Light came on @ 22K miles. This was a $450 fix (one wheel only D/S front) because Ford no longer stocks the sensor only as a repair part. The whole assembly had to be purchased. I recently found a TSB outlining Fords service requirements of this part. A small hole is needed to be drilled at base of hub assembly and wheel sensor need to be changed. However this was all discovered after warra...