2003 Ford Thunderbird Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Ford Thunderbird
- Smoke out of left side hood, fishy smell, whirring sound, even after shut off.
- Is special equipment necessary for a coolant exchange in a 2003 t-bird?
- Does it take special equipment for a coolant exchange for a 2003 t-bird.?
- I have hot air comming out of ac vents after cabin filter was changed, why?
- A/C air is cool not cold can hear hiss like a vacuum leak coming from dashboard
2003 Ford Thunderbird Problems
The valve cover gaskets may leak oil into the spark plug wells, shorting out the spark plugs, causing a misfire, and illuminating the Check Engine Light. Commonly the spark plugs and ignition coils or wires will require replacement, along with resealing the valve cover to correct this concern.
There may be an extended warranty on the ignition coils - see your Ford Dealer for more information-Thanks John B for this information!
Water or oil may enter into the ignition coil cover and the spark plug bore, causing a misfire and illuminating the Check Engine Light. A coil with improved water and oil sealing is available and should be installed.
2003 Ford Thunderbird Questions
Just drove a short difference. Had heater on. Recent weather change. No codes came up.
Hissing mostly occurs when accelerating.
a/c cools on left side, but warm air is coming from right side vents. is the system just alittle low to cause this? also where is the charge valve for the system, i trying not to have to take everything apart to find it.