2003 Ford Thunderbird Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Ford Thunderbird
- I have hot air comming out of ac vents after cabin filter was changed, why?
- A/C air is cool not cold can hear hiss like a vacuum leak coming from dashboard
- where is the location of the charge valve for the a/c
- Gear Shift console light and seat warmer light is out.
- Car has had a few problems adding up over the past 3 weeks. Are they related?
2003 Ford Thunderbird Problems
The valve cover gaskets may leak oil into the spark plug wells, shorting out the spark plugs, causing a misfire, and illuminating the Check Engine Light. Commonly the spark plugs and ignition coils or wires will require replacement, along with resealing the valve cover to correct this concern.
There may be an extended warranty on the ignition coils - see your Ford Dealer for more information-Thanks John B for this information!
Water or oil may enter into the ignition coil cover and the spark plug bore, causing a misfire and illuminating the Check Engine Light. A coil with improved water and oil sealing is available and should be installed.
2003 Ford Thunderbird Questions
Hissing mostly occurs when accelerating.
a/c cools on left side, but warm air is coming from right side vents. is the system just alittle low to cause this? also where is the charge valve for the system, i trying not to have to take everything apart to find it.
Is there a bleeder valve in coolant system to bleed out air traped in the system since the coolant resovoir is higher than the radaitor.Or could it be a bad cap on the resovoir?