2002 Ford Thunderbird Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Ford Thunderbird
- Where is the low side AC port for a 2002 3.9 V* jaguar engine?
- what causes the cylinders to need to be replaced?
- what is reservoir unit on passenger side opposite powersteering reservoir.
- what is the fluid reservoir unit for just opposite side powersteering reservoir.
- How to get the car into the drive cycle?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Ford Thunderbird Problems
The valve cover gaskets may leak oil into the spark plug wells, shorting out the spark plugs, causing a misfire, and illuminating the Check Engine Light. Commonly the spark plugs and ignition coils or wires will require replacement, along with resealing the valve cover to correct this concern.
Water or oil may enter into the ignition coil cover and the spark plug bore, causing a misfire and illuminating the Check Engine Light. A coil with improved water and oil sealing is available and should be installed.
2002 Ford Thunderbird Questions
Car has 25k miles and I just replaced all spark plugs as engine light was on. Engine light is back on and my mechanic says 2 cylinders need replacement and the other 6 will likely need replacement soon.
My car won't DEQ because the computer is not in the drive cycle.
This is scary when this happens. No matter how hard you push the brake, the engine races. I have to shut the key off and start again to stop this. What can possibly cause this?