1990 Ford Thunderbird Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Ford Thunderbird
- Is there a tip for changing right side plugs on 3.8 litre engine
- How do you replace bulbs on digital dash?
- Can't choose year your list is limited. I have a 88 T-bird
- Have a 1964 thunderbird convertible top wont come up just makes a clicking sound
- how do i change the ignition housing unit on the steering column??
1990 Ford Thunderbird Problems
White smoke coming from the exhaust could indicate that a head gasket has blown or there is a cracked cylinder head. Our technicians tell us that removal and inspection of the cylinder heads will be required to confirm a crack is present.
The battery light may illuminate on the instrument panel because the alternator wire harness connector is damaged. A new connector kit is available and should be installed to correct this concern.
If you experience difficulty starting the engine when cold, stalling at idle, or hesitations during acceleration, it may be the idle air bypass valve. This valve helps the vehicle idle steady when the accelerator pedal is not pressed.
1990 Ford Thunderbird Questions
How do you replace dash light bulbs on 1987 Mercury Cougar Anniversary edition? Left of side of dash lights work other 2 sections don't.
Where is the drain plug to my radiator on my 88 t-bird, and can I use just anti freeze to feel the radiator or do I need to mix it with some water