1990 Ford Thunderbird Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Ford Thunderbird
- car runs with misfiring sound and shakes or trimbles
- 1977 blower switch does knot change speed
- is crown Victoria's Throttle sensor compatible with a thunderbirds's Throttle
- my 90 thirds (3.8)l engine... the o.d.only reaches 30 mph than slips,hot or cold
- I am changing the high pressure power steering line I on a 87 Ford thunderbird
1990 Ford Thunderbird Problems
White smoke coming from the exhaust could indicate that a head gasket has blown or there is a cracked cylinder head. Our technicians tell us that removal and inspection of the cylinder heads will be required to confirm a crack is present.
If you experience difficulty starting the engine when cold, stalling at idle, or hesitations during acceleration, it may be the idle air bypass valve. This valve helps the vehicle idle steady when the accelerator pedal is not pressed.
The battery light may illuminate on the instrument panel because the alternator wire harness connector is damaged. A new connector kit is available and should be installed to correct this concern.
1990 Ford Thunderbird Questions
My Tbird was running well before the replacement of the alternator, battery and the vale cover gasket change. Mechanic broke T birds throttle's so he replaced it with a early 2007 crown victora