1994 Ford Tempo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Ford Tempo
- Speedometer Operation Affected and Poor Transmission Shift Quality
- Poor Idle, Engine Stalls, Hesitates on Acceleration
- Poor Performance, Hesitation on Acceleration, Possible Stalling
- Poor Running at Idle, Possible Stalling, Possible Codes in Computer for Rich Fuel Running
- Automatic Transmission Shifts Hard
- I have replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter and car will not start , what would the problem be ?
- My car has new fuel pump / fuel filter but still will not start . What isprob ?
- why will car not start with new fuel pump/ filter? .
- How do I remove the starter?
- My speedometer stopped working and I cannot shift out of first gear. what to do?
1994 Ford Tempo Problems
The vehicle may lose vehicle speed signal, which can affect speedometer operation and transmission shift quality. Most often the Vehicle Speed Sensor is faulty, however, at times, the driven gear inside the transmission is at fault. Replace the Vehicle Speed sensor and inspect the driven gear upon sensor removal.
Sludge build up in the throttle body can cause a poor engine idle, stalling, and/or hesitation. The correction is to install a new idle air control valve spacer kit to prevent the sludge build up, set the base idle, and clean the throttle body.
Outdated software in the engine control processor can cause poor engine performance, hesitation on acceleration, and possible stalling problems. The processor will need to be replaced to get the updated calibration.
1994 Ford Tempo Questions
1994 Ford Tempo Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1992-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models with 3.8L engines, 1994-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models with 3.0L engines, 1992-1994 Tempo and Mercury Topaz models with 3.0L engines, 1994 Tempo and Mercury Topaz models with 2.3L engines, and 1992-1994 Lincoln Continental models in certain cold weather states for an issue with the engine electric cooling fan. During high winds, low temperatures, and drifting snow, the fan could become blocked or frozen with snow. This could cause the fan not to rotate and ultimately overheat. Dealers will install a harness with a circuit breaker to protect the fan motor from overheating.
1994 Ford Tempo Reviews
I have a 94 tempo and it's been a good car it has 363798 mile on her and still does not burn any oil ,motor is strong and great on gas about 25 city and 32 highway but the inside of the car is falling apart so all in all a pretty good car
272,000 miles still going, AC works good. original engine, tranny