1992 Ford Tempo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Ford Tempo
- Speedometer Operation Affected and Poor Transmission Shift Quality
- Poor Idle, Engine Stalls, Hesitates on Acceleration
- Poor Performance, Hesitation on Acceleration, Possible Stalling
- Poor Running at Idle, Possible Stalling, Possible Codes in Computer for Rich Fuel Running
- Automatic Transmission Shifts Hard
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1992 Ford Tempo Problems
The vehicle may lose vehicle speed signal, which can affect speedometer operation and transmission shift quality. Most often the Vehicle Speed Sensor is faulty, however, at times, the driven gear inside the transmission is at fault. Replace the Vehicle Speed sensor and inspect the driven gear upon sensor removal.
Sludge build up in the throttle body can cause a poor engine idle, stalling, and/or hesitation. The correction is to install a new idle air control valve spacer kit to prevent the sludge build up, set the base idle, and clean the throttle body.
Outdated software in the engine control processor can cause poor engine performance, hesitation on acceleration, and possible stalling problems. The processor will need to be replaced to get the updated calibration.
1992 Ford Tempo Questions
The secound axle popped out at a traffic light and i could not put it in park because the transmission was running. So worried about my trans being damaged. Had it towed there and they put a longer one in.My starter and ball joints went bad too.Please tell me if I will have more problems because ...
Attempted too start car. Key turned toward start position but starter did nothing. Ingnition lock froze toward the start position. I do not know if the lock is in the run position. Lock does not turn, in any direction, and the key will not disengage from the lock. I read where all ford automobi...
1992 Ford Tempo Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1992-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models with 3.8L engines, 1994-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models with 3.0L engines, 1992-1994 Tempo and Mercury Topaz models with 3.0L engines, 1994 Tempo and Mercury Topaz models with 2.3L engines, and 1992-1994 Lincoln Continental models in certain cold weather states for an issue with the engine electric cooling fan. During high winds, low temperatures, and drifting snow, the fan could become blocked or frozen with snow. This could cause the fan not to rotate and ultimately overheat. Dealers will install a harness with a circuit breaker to protect the fan motor from overheating.
1992 Ford Tempo Reviews
owned this car since new , can't complain , it's been great reliable transportaion all these past 20 years..sure it's had a few problems in 20 years (what car wouldn't) but it's been and still is the best ,longest lasting car i've ever owned . i still drive it daily and hope i get another 20 years out of it