1991 Ford Tempo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Ford Tempo
- Speedometer Operation Affected and Poor Transmission Shift Quality
- Poor Idle, Engine Stalls, Hesitates on Acceleration
- Poor Performance, Hesitation on Acceleration, Possible Stalling
- Poor Running at Idle, Possible Stalling, Possible Codes in Computer for Rich Fuel Running
- Automatic Transmission Shifts Hard
- where can I purchase an Idle air spacer for a 1991 ford tempo 2.3 liter engine
- How do I fix automatic seat belt
- What could be the cause of auto not shifting out of first gear?
- have a 1991 ford tempo auto. transmission when in drive it wont shift out of fir
- What could keep it from getting gas to the carburetor?
1991 Ford Tempo Problems
The vehicle may lose vehicle speed signal, which can affect speedometer operation and transmission shift quality. Most often the Vehicle Speed Sensor is faulty, however, at times, the driven gear inside the transmission is at fault. Replace the Vehicle Speed sensor and inspect the driven gear upon sensor removal.
Sludge build up in the throttle body can cause a poor engine idle, stalling, and/or hesitation. The correction is to install a new idle air control valve spacer kit to prevent the sludge build up, set the base idle, and clean the throttle body.
Outdated software in the engine control processor can cause poor engine performance, hesitation on acceleration, and possible stalling problems. The processor will need to be replaced to get the updated calibration.
1991 Ford Tempo Questions
Motor is running I can hear it..but the seat belt is not moving.
Transmission filter was changed, since the replacement, car will only shift into first gear and reverse.
I just put a new fuel pump on and line is clear. Worked fine and then had to replace the starter. After replacing the starter it would not pump fuel again.