1991 Ford Tempo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Ford Tempo
- Speedometer Operation Affected and Poor Transmission Shift Quality
- Poor Idle, Engine Stalls, Hesitates on Acceleration
- Poor Performance, Hesitation on Acceleration, Possible Stalling
- Poor Running at Idle, Possible Stalling, Possible Codes in Computer for Rich Fuel Running
- Automatic Transmission Shifts Hard
- Do all 3 bolts that hold the starter in face the same way can't get top bolt in
- the battery is new and the connections are good, but no power goes to anything.
- what are the outside rubber boots called on a rack and pinion.
- where can I purchase an Idle air spacer for a 1991 ford tempo 2.3 liter engine
- How do I fix automatic seat belt
1991 Ford Tempo Problems
The vehicle may lose vehicle speed signal, which can affect speedometer operation and transmission shift quality. Most often the Vehicle Speed Sensor is faulty, however, at times, the driven gear inside the transmission is at fault. Replace the Vehicle Speed sensor and inspect the driven gear upon sensor removal.
Sludge build up in the throttle body can cause a poor engine idle, stalling, and/or hesitation. The correction is to install a new idle air control valve spacer kit to prevent the sludge build up, set the base idle, and clean the throttle body.
Outdated software in the engine control processor can cause poor engine performance, hesitation on acceleration, and possible stalling problems. The processor will need to be replaced to get the updated calibration.
1991 Ford Tempo Questions
Can't get top bolt to line up correctly and start without crossthreading. Does the top bolt go in from the opposite direction? Please, say it does... If possible, text my phone at (970)-630-6393 as my internet reception out here really bites. I can get texts usually, but internet is very slow...
is there a fuse in the engine compartment that could be bad