1990 Ford Tempo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Ford Tempo
- Poor Idle, Engine Stalls, Hesitates on Acceleration
- Speedometer Operation Affected and Poor Transmission Shift Quality
- Poor Performance, Hesitation on Acceleration, Possible Stalling
- Poor Running at Idle, Possible Stalling, Possible Codes in Computer for Rich Fuel Running
- Automatic Transmission Shifts Hard
- 1986 Ford Tempo leaking transmission fluid behind radiator.
- i have 1990 tempo gl i have replace two alternator belts they keeping breaking ?
- what would cause brake fluid to need to be filled often,brakes work great
- if i put a 90 tempo in drive and rock the car, will the moter turn,
- How to check out why the dash lights don't come on at night
1990 Ford Tempo Problems
Sludge build up in the throttle body can cause a poor engine idle, stalling, and/or hesitation. The correction is to install a new idle air control valve spacer kit to prevent the sludge build up, set the base idle, and clean the throttle body.
The vehicle may lose vehicle speed signal, which can affect speedometer operation and transmission shift quality. Most often the Vehicle Speed Sensor is faulty, however, at times, the driven gear inside the transmission is at fault. Replace the Vehicle Speed sensor and inspect the driven gear upon sensor removal.
Outdated software in the engine control processor can cause poor engine performance, hesitation on acceleration, and possible stalling problems. The processor will need to be replaced to get the updated calibration.
1990 Ford Tempo Questions
Do you suggest tracing the leak or just use BLUEDEVIL transmission sealer? Just pours out when running and drips when off. Transmission not going in 1st smoothly but 2nd/3rd fine.
i am filling brake fluid about every 3 days
i believe the starter is jammed , tried to start on a clod morning and she cranked a little then stopped , since then i just get a thunk when i turn the key, think its is from the starter