2012 Ford Taurus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2012 Ford Taurus
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2012 Ford Taurus Problems
The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.
2012 Ford Taurus Questions
Both sides are dragging. Doesn't seem to be the calipers.
With it jacked up and the car in park there is some drag. I put it in neutral and a lot of drag.
I noticed it the first time about two months ago after driving. Left rear disc was extremely hot. Drove home and it didn't get hot a...
after resetting the computer how many miles must you drive before it can pass emissions
Does it really make a difference whether or not it's a flex fuel? some stores ask, some say it's not an option.
2012 Ford Taurus Recalls
As a result of water intrusion, the license plate lamp assembly may experience corrosion in states where road salt us used to de-ice the roads. This corrosion may result in a short circuit, increasing the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the license plate lamp assembly to correct this concern. Note: Under program 14R01, Ford will notify owners in non-corrosion states, and, at the customer's request, dealers will replace the license plate lamp assembly.
During the manufacturing process, the side seam of the fuel tank may not have been properly sealed and as a result, the fuel tank would be weakened and not perform as expected in the event of a crash. In addition, a fuel leak could develop at any time. Dealers will inspect the fuel tank and replace it as necessary on vehicles included in this recall.
2012 Ford Taurus Reviews
Some of the time the spring loaded flapper inside the gas line will not open when I press the gas nozzle against it. I have to put my fingers down the line and push on both sides to get the flapper to open then I must try to ram the gas nozzle between my fingers before the flap closes.