2004 Ford Taurus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Ford Taurus
- power windows wipers and door locks suddenly stopped workin
- my powerdoor locks, windows, and winshiel wipers suddenly stopped working
- tranny fluid leak/after having radiator removal & reinstallation
- will a 01 ford taurus compressor fit a 04 ford taurus
- Why does AC in 2004 Taurus cause loss of power/ jerking in engine?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Ford Taurus Problems
The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.
The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.
2004 Ford Taurus Questions
Was having radiator leak. Radiator was removed and replaced. Radiator was only leak i had, now I am leaking what appears to be ATF
no fire out of coil pack #3 cylinder,changed coil pack
2004 Ford Taurus Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 2004 Taurus, Thunderbird, and Mercury Sable vehicles due to an inadequate weld on the front seats. In a collision, the seat may not perform as designed, which could result in injury. Dealers will replace the upper support assembly on the power seats.
2004 Ford Taurus Reviews
Gas mileage continues to do down. Went from 18.5 mpg in city to 16 to 13.5. Car seems to be running okay, but gas mileage keeps dropping. Any ideas?
When I bought my 2004 Ford Taurus it had 69000 miles on it. Now we are at 87000 and with no warning at all my trans has gone out. I drove the car all day no problems. Went to pick up my son and all of the sudden the RPM's went through the roof and the car wouldn't go. I have researched this issue and have come to find this is a recurring problem. So why then is Ford not doing anything to help i...
I drive a 2004 taurus. I have had nothing but problems with this car. The MPG has dropped from the 20's to 13.5 MPH. I have replaced everything I can think of and still no change! Piece of junk!!!!