1995 Ford Taurus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Ford Taurus
- Why do my car keep shutting down while I'm driving?
- Why would the fuel pump kick-in sometime and at other times it won"t kick in.
- What's wrong with a car if it drives fine, but dies out at the red light?
- After sitting for a few months my transmission doesn't shift correctly.
- What all is involved in replacing freeze plug?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
1995 Ford Taurus Problems
The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.
The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.
Worn motor mounts can cause the motor to rise during acceleration, causing a clunking noise and possibly damaging the AC hoses. Damage to the AC hoses can cause a loss refrigerant resulting in no cold air from the AC. The motor mount will need to be replaced prior to repairing the damaged hose or the problem will continue.
1995 Ford Taurus Questions
After sitting for a while the next day it will start and run all day until I cut it off then it gives me trouble.
It drives fine but while waiting at the red light it dies out and temperature gauge goes up.
1995 Ford Taurus Recalls
1995 Ford Taurus Reviews
i bought my ford taurus in 2011 and its a great car for a 1995 it hadnt been kept up with at all and its really easy to perform repairs on yourself i replaced the water pump starter spark plugs and wires my taurus is running strong with the original motor and tranny and its a 1995 i really reccommend for buyers looking for cheap reliable cars and it has just under 300k miles
I've had my '95 Taurus for 12 years now and it's currently at 307K miles, and is still going strong. (Though, I did recently replace the original starter, but nothing lasts forever, I guess.) The only major issues I've had with this car have been the transmission (replaced at 163K), the cooling fan was replaced three times (once under recall), and the struts were replaced at 128K. Other than ...
Body- paint coming off at gas tank, Had a partial paint job about 10 years ago. The rest of car looks good. Interior- the fabric is coming loose at the top of the rear window. The carpet holding up well considering the wear and tear on the car. Brakes-brake light has been coming on for the past year - intermittently. Electrical and lights - My rear turn signals are not working and the li...