2010 Ford Ranger Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Ford Ranger
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2010 Ford Ranger Problems
A buzzing type noise may be noted from upper engine area at about 1900 RPM, under light acceleration. Our technicians tell us this can be caused by loose ignition coil bracket bolts. Coil bracket bolts should be checked for the correct torque before further diagnoses is performed.
The engine may have a higher that normal idle at times. After cold start with an automatic transmission and when the clutch is depressed with a manual transmission. Our technicians tell us updated powertrain control module (PCM) software is available to address this concern.
2010 Ford Ranger Questions
how often does my truck need oil changes
i have the tires every 5000 miles and i dont think its out of alinement because it drives ok it will hold a straight line when you let go of the steering wheel.
this problem with their ranger
2010 Ford Ranger Recalls
An internal fault may develop within the multi-function turn signal switch. This can affect turn signal, tail, hazard, and/or brake light operation. Non-functioning exterior lights could increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the multi-function switch to correct this concern. This recall is scheduled to begin on August 15, 2011. The Ford recall number is 11C18.
The engine fuel line near the throttle body may contact the edge of the shield, chafing the fuel line. This can result in a fuel odor or leak, increasing the risk of a fire. Dealers will trim the throttle body shield and inspect and replace the fuel line as necessary. This recall is expected to begin on March 7, 2011. The Ford recall number is 11S17.
Ford has recalled certain 2010 Ranger trucks equipped with a manual transmission because the parking brake cable may become detached from the right rear actuator. Without a functional parking brake, the vehicle may roll out of control when parked. Dealers will replace the right rear parking brake actuator with a revised unit.