2009 Ford Ranger Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Ford Ranger
- alternator and new battery bought and fuses good..why won't it run?
- How to change the alternator with the air compressor above it?
- how many hours should be expected to be charged for a cylinder head replacement
- why do my 2009 ford ranger headlights flash on and off when parked with engine
- The climate control is not adjusting the temp in the truck. All I get is hot air
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2009 Ford Ranger Problems
A buzzing type noise may be noted from upper engine area at about 1900 RPM, under light acceleration. Our technicians tell us this can be caused by loose ignition coil bracket bolts. Coil bracket bolts should be checked for the correct torque before further diagnoses is performed.
The engine may have a higher that normal idle at times. After cold start with an automatic transmission and when the clutch is depressed with a manual transmission. Our technicians tell us updated powertrain control module (PCM) software is available to address this concern.
Noisy engagement of clutch slave cylinder to the pressure plate can cause a squeak noise when pressing and releasing the clutch. Replacement of the clutch disc, pressure plate, clutch slave cylinder, plus the application of a special metal assembly paste to the mating components will be needed to reduce the noise.
2009 Ford Ranger Questions
does not do it all the time if i step on gas hard truck takes off and runes ok. Check engine light flashed on off for 1 to 2 min one time. have not had checked for any codes yet
I have been told that improper torque of the wheel lug nuts can warp the rotor. What is the proper torque?
2009 Ford Ranger Recalls
An internal fault may develop within the multi-function turn signal switch. This can affect turn signal, tail, hazard, and/or brake light operation. Non-functioning exterior lights could increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the multi-function switch to correct this concern. This recall is scheduled to begin on August 15, 2011. The Ford recall number is 11C18.
Ford has recalled certain 2009 Ranger 4x2 trucks because of a manufacturing flaw in the front wheel spindles. The wheel spindles could fail, which may increase the risk of an accident. Dealers will replace the front wheel spindles as necessary.
2009 Ford Ranger Reviews
I have an 09 ford Ranger. I have had multiple problems with the heat blender door becoming stuck. Now this usually happens on the heat side which in winter is not a problem, but now that warmer weather is here it sucks, can not run a/c. Is this a common problem and does anyone know a way of changing the blender door with out having to remove the interior dash components?