2001 Ford Ranger Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Ford Ranger
- my ground cable at the battery gets hot,the speed odometer jumps up and down
- ant theft system with key
- Where is my p0141 located ( O2 senser ) on my 2001Ford ranger. I have the part
- why does my truck start surging shift down up going up an incline at hwy speeds?
- My 2001, 5 speed Ford Ranger will not shit gear once its parked.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Ford Ranger Problems
The engine may misfire and/or buck while driving at freeway speeds with no fault code stored in the powertrain control module (PCM). This can be caused by an intermittent fault with the camshaft synchronizer assembly. This condition can be diagnosed by monitoring knock sensor data as per Ford service bulletin #05-22-12. Replacement of the synchronizer assembly will be required to correct this concern.
The synchronizer shaft for the camshaft position sensor can cause a loud squeak or chirping noise due to failure of the upper bushing. The noise may be erratic and is usually present when the engine is warm.
The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.
2001 Ford Ranger Questions
the motor doesn't idal right.when you mash the breaks the dash and headlights will go deam and bright like a weak battery.the speed odometer jumps up and down.the ground cable at the battery gets hot quick too.
old key not start car ? no new key. turn key ant theft light on no start ? what now reset it ? on and off or un do battery do not work.?
I have nothing else to put in this space
2001 Ford Ranger Recalls
2001 Ford Ranger Reviews
I have a 2001 ranger with a 2.3 and it has 312,000 miles on it . never anything major done to it . just normal fixes . drive it 145 miles everyday . uses no oil . still get average of 28 mpg . very pleased
I own a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT and for the most part I've been happy with it until recently. I've had to have most of the entire front end steering and suspension replaced in it just after 50,000 miles and now it's developed an engine miss. Had it tuned up with new plugs, wires and a fuel filter and it ran great for about 4 days and now it's back to the same thing. The AM/FM CD Radio in these ...
So far so good, a/c is being repaired today. The evaporator has gone bad.