1993 Ford Ranger Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Ford Ranger
- Where is the camshaft censor located and does it even have one on this model
- My truck will start but will not stay running I have replaced the fuel pump
- I have a 3.0 have starts but wont stay running. put new throttle position sensor
- Any tips on replacing door weatherstripping? Ordered it from JCWhitney.
- when driving my 1993 ford ranger there will be a humming noise from the rear end
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
1993 Ford Ranger Problems
If a noise from the rear end is heard when going around turns or after driving at highway speed for an extended period, this could be caused by a failing deferential clutch kit. An updated differential clutch kit available.
The battery light may illuminate on the instrument panel because the alternator wire harness connector is damaged. A new connector kit is available and should be installed to correct this concern.
Ranger 3.0L and 4.0L
The temperature gauge on the instrument panel may fluctuate and give incorrect readings. If this happens, a new gauge and sender kit should be installed. The sending unit "sends" the information to the gauge.
1993 Ford Ranger Questions
cleaned MAP sensor. what else?
Old weather stripping is loose, letting water in. Looks relatively easy to replace, but have never done it.
1993 Ford Ranger Recalls
Ford has recalled Firestone Wilderness AT and Radial ATX tires installed on multiple lines of Ford trucks from 1991 to 2000. On some tires, under extreme conditions, the tread could separate, which can cause immediate tire failure. This may lead to a loss of vehicle control, injury, and death. Dealers replaced the affected tires.
1993 Ford Ranger Reviews
this truck is a 93 - 2.3 eng. 5 speed. IT JUST WONT QUIT. Had minor problems with mis-fire, sensors, etc, but all in all it just gets up and goes. I found using iridium plugs and hi-test gas- full synthetic oil and regular maint will keep it running forever. I now have 202,000 miles. I also changed the trans fluid from dexmerc to LUCAS Gear Oil and Also the differential. AT 70mph on the inters...
Great little pickup and fun to drive in the dirt.