1993 Ford Ranger Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Ford Ranger
- when I turn the heat switch on NOTHING happens?
- My Ranger has failed TX. emissions with high HC and NOX readings.
- starter keeps going out and now on 3rd flywheel what's going on here?
- What can be causing multiple starters to continually burn up and stop working ?
- Brake failure light would not flicker when key was rotated to run position
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1993 Ford Ranger Problems
If a noise from the rear end is heard when going around turns or after driving at highway speed for an extended period, this could be caused by a failing deferential clutch kit. An updated differential clutch kit available.
The battery light may illuminate on the instrument panel because the alternator wire harness connector is damaged. A new connector kit is available and should be installed to correct this concern.
Ranger 3.0L and 4.0L
The temperature gauge on the instrument panel may fluctuate and give incorrect readings. If this happens, a new gauge and sender kit should be installed. The sending unit "sends" the information to the gauge.
1993 Ford Ranger Questions
Have repaired numerous eletrical problems for state inspection.
When you turn the key on The brake failure light is suppose to flicker. Yet it will not
Already replaced bypass valve but problem hasn't gone away. Anyone experiencing same issues?
1993 Ford Ranger Recalls
Ford has recalled Firestone Wilderness AT and Radial ATX tires installed on multiple lines of Ford trucks from 1991 to 2000. On some tires, under extreme conditions, the tread could separate, which can cause immediate tire failure. This may lead to a loss of vehicle control, injury, and death. Dealers replaced the affected tires.
1993 Ford Ranger Reviews
this truck is a 93 - 2.3 eng. 5 speed. IT JUST WONT QUIT. Had minor problems with mis-fire, sensors, etc, but all in all it just gets up and goes. I found using iridium plugs and hi-test gas- full synthetic oil and regular maint will keep it running forever. I now have 202,000 miles. I also changed the trans fluid from dexmerc to LUCAS Gear Oil and Also the differential. AT 70mph on the inters...
Great little pickup and fun to drive in the dirt.