1992 Ford Ranger Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Ford Ranger
- my headlights are bright on dim and dim on bright ie replaced switch multi switch and multy relay
- my headlight are bright on dim and very low on bright ive replaced the headlight
- when starting cold engine idles up and down sometime dies
- engine cranks & idles but cuts out when given gas
- ABS light comes on after releasing the brake pedal
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1992 Ford Ranger Problems
If a noise from the rear end is heard when going around turns or after driving at highway speed for an extended period, this could be caused by a failing deferential clutch kit. An updated differential clutch kit available.
If you experience cold starting problems, stalling at idle, or hesitations during acceleration, it may be the idle air bypass valve. This valve helps the vehicle idle steadily and run when the accelerator pedal is not pressed.
1992 Ford Ranger Questions
A little while ago, the rear antilock brake light came on. I'll start the truck with my foot on the pedal,and as long as my foot is on the pedal, the light is off. As soon as the pedal is released, the light comes on and stays on permenantly.
Parts replaced so far:
* Abs sensor in rear d...
I did all I can think of doing
it works before i start the engine,but then it drops to empty.can you tell me why?
1992 Ford Ranger Recalls
Ford has recalled Firestone Wilderness AT and Radial ATX tires installed on multiple lines of Ford trucks from 1991 to 2000. On some tires, under extreme conditions, the tread could separate, which can cause immediate tire failure. This may lead to a loss of vehicle control, injury, and death. Dealers replaced the affected tires.
1992 Ford Ranger Reviews
I have a 1992 ranger that I bought back in 1994 with about 65,000miles. It now has approx 326,000 miles on a 2.3L 4cyl engine. The best ford product I've ever owned..Great little truck. Replaced 2 alternators, 1 starter, a couple of clutches, couple of tune-up's and I recently replaced the body cab mounts. You would never tell that this little guy has over 300,000miles because it rides very ...
I have a 1992 ford ranger bought new, I am the original owner. It has 155000 miles on it and has been extremely dependable. Don`t think i will ever sell it.
I've had this truck since 1996 with 43,505 miles at the time. Now it has over 283,000 miles on the original 2.3 Liter engine. I've had the manual tranny overhauled at about 220,000 miles in 2003 and it's been taking a licking and keep on ticking. Never could get the A/C system up 100 percent but the heater puts out great heat. In my book, Ford rocks. This truck is one tough cookie. I've only ha...