1991 Ford Ranger Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Ford Ranger
- What is wrong wih it?
- Why would my 91 Ford Ranger sputter and shut off while I'm driving.
- why do my brake caliper pins slide out about 1 inch
- rough idle, dies upon exceleration, wont start for a couple minutes, then run ok
- I have a ,90 4x4 supercab since new. I have continue to have front brake problem
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1991 Ford Ranger Problems
If you experience cold starting problems, stalling at idle, or hesitations during acceleration, it may be the idle air bypass valve. This valve helps the vehicle idle steadily and run when the accelerator pedal is not pressed.
If a noise from the rear end is heard when going around turns or after driving at highway speed for an extended period, this could be caused by a failing deferential clutch kit. An updated differential clutch kit available.
it seems to bog down when u press on the accelerator if u go slow i mean real slow it does ok also seems to bog down when it reaches 3k rpm like its starving for fuel or getting too much
1991 Ford Ranger Questions
Sometimes the truck runs fine, other times it idles rough, then dies upon exceleration, check engine light comes on, truck won't start back up right away, but does after a few minutes. Smells like gas. Has new spark plugs, wires, O2, ignition module. Sounds like fuel injectors to me. What d...
Locked front right, pulsating brake feedback, replaced pins, cleaning brakes, router run out good. Any suggestions appreciated.
1991 Ford Ranger Recalls
Ford has recalled Firestone Wilderness AT and Radial ATX tires installed on multiple lines of Ford trucks from 1991 to 2000. On some tires, under extreme conditions, the tread could separate, which can cause immediate tire failure. This may lead to a loss of vehicle control, injury, and death. Dealers replaced the affected tires.
1991 Ford Ranger Reviews
I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH BUCKING AND SURGING. GRAGE IS UNABLE TO PICK UP CODE. WE HAVE REPLACED MAS AND COMPUTER.STILL HAVING PROBLEMS.CAN ANYONE HELP.MY EMAIL IS RJI23@AOL.COM
THIS TRUCK HAS 95000 MILES. WAS RUNNING REAL GOOD. IT STARTED BUCKING AT ABOUT 45 ON UP. THEN WHEN YOU CAME TO A STOP IT STARTED TO SURGE.ALSO SURGED IN PARK. BEEN TO GRAGE SEVERAL TIMES AND CAN'T SEEM TO FIND PROMBLES. NO CODES. REPLACE VACUME HOSES AND MAS.ANYONE CAN HELP I WOULD BE GRATEFUL.OUT OF WORK AND CAN'T SPEND ALOT MORE.THANK YOU
great little truck for a four banger has pretty good power and i was also given the truck for free