1990 Ford Ranger Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Ford Ranger
- back brakes lock up only when I hit brakes hard,driving smoothly there fine
- i can't hear my fuel pump click in. do i need to replace it
- 87 ranger new fuel pump & ignition module runs good in the cold no in the heat
- My truck won't start. I turn key and the starter solenoid clicks.
- What would cause truck to not crank?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1990 Ford Ranger Problems
If a noise from the rear end is heard when going around turns or after driving at highway speed for an extended period, this could be caused by a failing deferential clutch kit. An updated differential clutch kit available.
The engine may have a higher that normal idle at times. After cold start with an automatic transmission and when the clutch is depressed with a manual transmission. Our technicians tell us updated powertrain control module (PCM) software is available to address this concern.
1990 Ford Ranger Questions
New starter,solenoid,neg.cable,battery checks good.?
Believe it is a fuel issue. Replaced pump and filter; turns over when gas poured in engine, but then cuts off. Currently tracing flow from tank to engine. Truck sat for 4 months after replacing pump. Was able to get it running for about a week, but would cut off occassionally if I let off acceler...
its a 1989 ford ranger
1990 Ford Ranger Recalls
Ford has recalled 1990 Ranger 4.0L V6 trucks because the throttle may stick and cause the throttle lever to contact the throttle body air intake tube. This may cause unintended acceleration, which could result in an accident. Dealers will replace the air inlet tube with a newly designed part.
1990 Ford Ranger Reviews
I bought my 1990 Ranger in 2009, in Columbus, IN for $1000. It's a bit of a rust bucket, but runs INCREDIBLY smooth, even on the highway. Honestly, it's the best value vehicle I've ever owned (and the other car is an Infiniti!). I've spent less than $500 in repairs/upgrades in the 1.5 years I've been driving it, but know fully well it's an OLD TRUCK. Still...I'd buy it again in a heartbeat, an...
Good little truck with a big heart.I pulled a 28 ft trailer with it for 10 yrs haulin scrap metals does a wonderful job still.
changed the motor in my ford ranger almost done with it but the gas line is confusing a weird bracket that holds the line together is holding me up any one kno a way to seperate the lines????