2007 Ford Mustang GT Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Ford Mustang GT
- My car keeps stalling while driving. I have been told its a circuit board
- Do not answer that other question or message my dad. We have the price.
- How much do you think it will take to repair this prized position of my fathers?
- how many themostats does a 2007 Mustang have for both V6 and V8
- Charging System warning, no power
2007 Ford Mustang GT Problems
If a squeaking noise is heard while turning the steering wheel, the outer tie rod ends may be worn and should be replaced.
4.0L V6 engines may develop a buzzing type noise from the upper engine area at about 1900 RPM, under light acceleration. Our technicians tell us this can be caused by loose ignition coil bracket bolts. Coil bracket bolts should be checked for the correct torque before further diagnoses is performed.
Our technicians tell us the spark plugs in this engine can be very difficult to remove. Ford has issued a service bulletin (08-7-6) to address this issue, which includes a recommended procedure on how to remove the plugs. Failure to follow the recommended procedure can result in the one or more spark plugs breaking off in the cylinder head.
The recommend procedure is as follows. Using this procedure will greatly reduce the chance of breaking a spark plug.
1. Break the spark plugs loose when the engine is warm.
2. Turn each plug 1/8 to 1/4 turn and soak the treads with 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of Motorcraft Carburetor Tune-Up Cleaner or a quality penetrating oil. Do not try to remove the plugs at this time.
3. Let the threads soak for at least 15 minutes.
4. After the soak period, tighten and loosen each spark plug, working it back and forth until the turning effort is reduced. Then, you can remove the spark plug.
There are special tools available to remove the broken spark plugs and repair shops will often charge additional labor time, over and above the quoted spark plug replacement cost, for the removal of each broken spark plug.
2007 Ford Mustang GT Questions
I cant remember all the codes... there were three, but one was a drive shaft sensor(?)The estimated price... the last one...is around One Thousand. The car runs for a while and then just stalls. I let it sit and then restart it. sometimes this happens once out every three trips. Sometimes severa...
Thank you. :)
(I did not wreck it, my step mother did.)
Link to picture:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=348715590...