2012 Ford Fusion Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2012 Ford Fusion
- DTC codes PO7AE and U0415, still under warranty. Help?
- What damage could be done if your throttle body needs replaced?
- What caused the drive control, environment control and the radio control to go
- WHERE IS THE VACCUM HOSE LINES LOCATED?? AS WELL AS THA SENSER RELAY??
- Least expensive but reliable Ford Dealership without jeopardizing warranty.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2012 Ford Fusion Problems
The automatic transmission may develop shifting concerns. On lower mileage vehicles, upgrading the software in the powertrain control module (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) may correct the problem. As the mileage increases, internal transmission damage can occur. Repairs could involve replacement of the valve body or a complete transmission rebuild. Whenever major transmission repairs are made, it is important to be sure the PCM and the TCM have the latest software updates to help prevent these issues from reoccurring.
Let's see, had to replace rear brakes and rotors at 27000 miles, have had to replace all 4 tires, 11000 miles after brakes and rotors were replaced I hear a grinding noise so I take the car back in-have to replace both yet again (which they were still under warranty where I had had them replaced, so it was free thank god), but then they tell me that the rear driver's side calipers had seized up-so goodbye to 400.00. Plus calipers would have be...
Electrolysis can cause repeated failures of the heater core and radiator. The diagnosing technician should check for voltage present in the coolant, with the battery disconnected, because electrical current in the coolant causes electrolysis. Corroded or deteriorated parts should be replaced, and the coolant should be flushed. Ground straps can be added to help prevent future corrosion of components.
2012 Ford Fusion Questions
The lighted console for radio, heat/cool and the drive control went blank
I HIT A HOG WITH MY CAR. IT WAS SCARY. HOWEVER SINCE THEN MY CAR WILL DO FINE IF I GO ABOUT UNDER 2RPMS BUT IF I GIVE MY CAR GAS IT LIKE SHUTS DOWN TO WHERE MY CAR WILL MOVE BUT NOT OVER 5MPH