2011 Ford Fusion Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2011 Ford Fusion
- Why is it I have no power steering and it says power steering default assists.
- power steering loss
- How to remove the VCT solenoid does the valve cover need to be removed
- Can I replace my Fuel Filler Inlet myself? I am tired of all the codes and warn
- Have a 2011 Ford Fusion. Rear breaks don't seem to be working.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2011 Ford Fusion Problems
Squeaks and creaks heard while driving over bumps and turning can be caused be a couple common sources and should be carefully diagnosed. Possible weld issues on the lower control arms can cause the noise concerns and require repair kits for the lower control arms from Ford. A jounce bumper (bump stop) rubbing against dry strut plate can cause an abrasion noise from the strut area. In this case the strut assembly should be disassembled to lubricate the jounce bumper and then reinstalled.
If the transmission oil leaks out of left side half shaft area, it may be from a worn axle shaft seal. The seal can be damaged by a poor surface finish on the axle shaft. The axle shaft and seal should be replaced to correct the problem.
The Check Engine Light may come on due to failure of the Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) solenoid. The VCT solenoid will need to be replaced to correct this concern.
2011 Ford Fusion Questions
Do the caliburs need to be replaced or can they be loosed up.
The light came on when I had a brake light changed
Dealer replaced battery, fuel filler neck and now says purge valve repairs needed
2011 Ford Fusion Recalls
On vehicles equipped with 17-inch steel wheels, one or more wheel studs may break. If this were to occur, a vibration could develop and the wheel could separate from the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. To correct this concern, dealers will inspect the rear brake discs and replace them as necessary. Additionally, the wheel lug nuts will be replaced on all four wheels. The Ford recall number is 11S23.
2011 Ford Fusion Reviews
- To start with, I am from the UAE, so the entered zip code is only there because it was requested by the site. - Brakes keeps squaking and jettering despite three times servicing. - The cruse control keeps the car in low gear for a long time causing the engine to over rev. I explained this to maintenance people with no response. Even offered to help working on. - In congested trafic or over...
I purchased my 2011 Ford Fusion SE new in March 2011 and have been happy with the purchase (it is now December 2013). I previously owned a Lexus and of course the Fusion is not as nice inside as the Lexus. I have not had any problems with the car and have had all of the maintenance performed as scheduled. The cheep interior finishes are really my only complaint. The technology is great (Sync) a...