The Check Engine Light may come on due to failure of the Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) solenoid. The VCT solenoid will need to be replaced to correct this concern.
Resources for the Repair and Maintenance of your 2011 Ford Fusion
2011 Ford Fusion
2011 Ford Fusion Problems
Noticing for a couple of months a burning smell coming into the car, at random times. Sometimes very strong, enough to have to drive with the windows down. Took into dealer and discovered the PTU (the thing off the transmission that powers the AWD) was leaking fluid, possibly dripping on exhaust causing the burning smell. Shop said parts inside were possibly worn or broken and the fluid was very burned. Covered under drive train warranty thank...
2011 Ford Fusion Recalls (Recent)
RepairPal Expert Overview:
On vehicles equipped with 17-inch steel wheels, one or more wheel studs may break. If this were to occur, a vibration could develop and the wheel could separate from the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. To correct this concern, dealers will inspect the rear brake discs and replace them as necessary. Additionally, the wheel lug nuts will be replaced on all four wheels. The Ford recall number is 11S23.
2011 Ford Fusion Questions and Answers
I just bought new Ford Fusion. The anti theft red light keeps blinking and won't go out.
If I go from Reverse to Drive my gear shifts gets locked/stuck in Neutral and will not go any further or into Drive. Both feet are on the brake at the time. It has taken up to 20 minutes of going ...
also the emergancy flashers start on there own.
it does this if i put key in ignition but do not start
the car immediatly and sometimes while I'm driving but not all the time.
automatically locks door when I close it. flashers go on
at various times.
The car drives and gears seem fine. Placed the car in park as normal and the key will not release from the ignition. This is the second time this has happened. The first time, it just finally relea...
2011 Ford Fusion Reviews
- To start with, I am from the UAE, so the entered zip code is only there because it was requested by the site.
- Brakes keeps squaking and jettering despite three times servicing.
- The cruse control keeps the car in low gear for a long time causing the engine to over rev. I explained this to maintenance people with no response. Even offered to help working on.
- In congested trafic or over speed bumps, the transmission keeps shifting gears prematurly. A very annoying thing.
- There is a noise that comes from the heater/ AC zone when reversing the car.
- Finally, the 10000 km service cycle is too much and I, as well as other owners, believe that this is going to adversly affect our cars performance in the long run. Ford should put aside maintenance cost saving in the interest of better long run performance of the car even if ford has to increase the initial cost a little.