2011 Ford Fusion Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2011 Ford Fusion
- What is a service charge to look at steering problem at a ford dealer?
- 2011 ford fusion asked a question before?
- why does 2011 for fusion 6 speed automatic transmission slip when cold??
- The wheel covers keep coming off, even without hitting a curb, pothole. Help!!
- Can I replace my Fuel Filler Inlet myself? I am tired of all the codes and warn
2011 Ford Fusion Problems
The automatic transmission may develop shifting concerns. On lower mileage vehicles, upgrading the software in the powertrain control module (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) may correct the problem. As the mileage increases, internal transmission damage can occur. Repairs could involve replacement of the valve body or a complete transmission rebuild. Whenever major transmission repairs are made, it is important to be sure the PCM and the TCM have the latest software updates to help prevent these issues from reoccurring.
Squeaks and creaks heard while driving over bumps and turning can be caused be a couple common sources and should be carefully diagnosed. Possible weld issues on the lower control arms can cause the noise concerns and require repair kits for the lower control arms from Ford. A jounce bumper (bump stop) rubbing against dry strut plate can cause an abrasion noise from the strut area. In this case the strut assembly should be disassembled to lubricate the jounce bumper and then reinstalled.
If the transmission oil leaks out of left side half shaft area, it may be from a worn axle shaft seal. The seal can be damaged by a poor surface finish on the axle shaft. The axle shaft and seal should be replaced to correct the problem.
2011 Ford Fusion Questions
Even without hitting potholes, curb etc. Cannot afford to keep replacing.....any solutions???
Do the caliburs need to be replaced or can they be loosed up.
2011 Ford Fusion Recalls
On vehicles equipped with 17-inch steel wheels, one or more wheel studs may break. If this were to occur, a vibration could develop and the wheel could separate from the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. To correct this concern, dealers will inspect the rear brake discs and replace them as necessary. Additionally, the wheel lug nuts will be replaced on all four wheels. The Ford recall number is 11S23.
2011 Ford Fusion Reviews
I purchased my 2011 Ford Fusion SE new in March 2011 and have been happy with the purchase (it is now December 2013). I previously owned a Lexus and of course the Fusion is not as nice inside as the Lexus. I have not had any problems with the car and have had all of the maintenance performed as scheduled. The cheep interior finishes are really my only complaint. The technology is great (Sync) a...
- To start with, I am from the UAE, so the entered zip code is only there because it was requested by the site. - Brakes keeps squaking and jettering despite three times servicing. - The cruse control keeps the car in low gear for a long time causing the engine to over rev. I explained this to maintenance people with no response. Even offered to help working on. - In congested trafic or over...
This is my second Ford. The first was an explorer that had many wheel bearing problems. Now I have a 2012 Fusion and was just told at the dealer I need a front right wheel bearing. (47000 miles)The mechanic at the dealer told me they have problems because there is a mix of aluminum parts. The Also rides rough over any small bumps.