2009 Ford Fusion Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Ford Fusion
- Replace the drivers door handle and or cable door won't open from inside
- A/C condenser unit behind dash. Estimated repair costs.
- P0410 code - secondary air injection bank one is there a recall on this part?
- 87,000 miles and am told front wheel bearings need to be replaced.
- Can you repair or tighten a seat back retaining bolt?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2009 Ford Fusion Problems
Squeaks and creaks heard while driving over bumps and turning can be caused be a couple common sources and should be carefully diagnosed. Possible weld issues on the lower control arms can cause the noise concerns and require repair kits for the lower control arms from Ford. A jounce bumper (bump stop) rubbing against dry strut plate can cause an abrasion noise from the strut area. In this case the strut assembly should be disassembled to lubricate the jounce bumper and then reinstalled.
The automatic transmission may develop shifting concerns. On lower mileage vehicles, upgrading the software in the powertrain control module (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) may correct the problem. As the mileage increases, internal transmission damage can occur. Repairs could involve replacement of the valve body or a complete transmission rebuild. Whenever major transmission repairs are made, it is important to be sure the PCM and the TCM have the latest software updates to help prevent these issues from reoccurring.
If the transmission oil leaks out of left side half shaft area, it may be from a worn axle shaft seal. The seal can be damaged by a poor surface finish on the axle shaft. The axle shaft and seal should be replaced to correct the problem.
2009 Ford Fusion Questions
Have driven Fords for 40 years and never replaced wheel bearings! Most of them over 100k miles. Anyone else having this problem?
Bought car last month from trade centre, taken back and they tell me there are no issues with the car. Zetec engines sometimes are noisey ? Ford Fusion Zetec 1.4 petrol. Is this common or am I worrying about nothing?
what causes this problem are there two sets of dampers for left and right side and how do you fix
2009 Ford Fusion Reviews
Mr. 2008 fusion, If wanting a toyota or honda, you should move there and support their economy too! Sorry for your problems with your fusion but sometimes a bad car does get out to the public or maybe you should evaluate how you drive? People like you who put down american made products make me sick!
I'm not sure about the other people who ahve written reviews but I bought my 09 fusion two years ago and it had 15k on it. The dealership dropped the price 2k and gave me another 2k on my trade-in and 1987 Ford Probe. I didn't like the car at first the front end looked really ugly but I actaully like it now. The car now has 81k on it (yes I drive a lot)it still gets 26 miles to the gallon c...
I purchased my Fusion brand new in 2009. The only issue I had is that I had to replace the brakes just last year at under 30,000 miles. The breaks were completely gone to the surprise of my mechanic. I would say just monitor your breaks closely because they are crappy. I have had no other issues to date, and besides that I love my car!